Saturday 22 October 2011

Less is More with Dotty Mice

It's Saturday which means my favourite weekly challenge - Less is More and also the weekly sketch challenge from my favourite stamp store - Waltzingmouse
I don't always get to play along with the sketch challenge but this week I think it combines beautifully with this week's Less is More challenge with is to use Polka Dots.


I started with a 12cm square card blank and cut a 10 cm square white panel which I embossed with swiss dots and rounded two opposite corners.  I cut a Christmas ornament using a nestie and put the resulting shape through the same folder - I coloured each dot with a darker shade of red copic and covered each with glossy accents.  I added a small stamp from the new Seasonal Remedies set to the bauble and cut that out and glossed too and attached the bauble with twine and dimensional foam.  I coloured a craftwork cards sentiment with the same copic and again covered it with glossy accents and finished it with 3 holly leaves from the Festive Foliage set.

I have quite a few cards I need to make but am running out of time today as I've been scaring myself silly trying to use a pressure cooker which has now been christened Hissing Henry!   I'm off now to make a pie with the contents and then get ready for Stamp Magic in Doncaster tomorrow.

Craftilicious x

29 comments:

  1. WOW this is stunning xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara
    Fabby card as always ....love it ....
    Hugs sylvie
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Festive and meets the challenges perfectly. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara - this is just lovely - I do like the polka dot background and the way you've decorated the bauble is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Tara, fab dot, dot christmas card, ilove this bubble, well done, Tara.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, that's a great combo of challenges right there! I'd say you aced them both! I love the little dewy drops on the ornament, and your awesome holly in the corner. The swiss dots make the perfect snowy backdrop, fa la la la la!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tara
    Loads of dot here
    Fabby
    Thank you
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Tara
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks Ace Tara... super dotty.
    I love all the glossy accents, it's really effective!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic Tara, love the embossed bauble and the way you`ve highlighted the dots.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, perfect for both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous festive card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is lovely! Great elegant and simple card
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card,lovely Christmas Card
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see spots! LOL. What a great card - love all that textured, and the added color to your dots really make them "POP". I'm so happy to have you play along with the WMS Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, this is stunning, I luv the embossed background...hope you have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take on the Polka Dot challenge! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks fab Tara, love the glossy accents. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I love the look of the piercing on the red berry! And I'm a big fan of the polka dot embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you have used the swiss dots-what a beautiful and elegant card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOnderful use of polka dots....great card Tara

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic card Tara, the dotty bkgd is perfect and I think the sentiment looks great on the large holly berry :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha! Looks like our minds were thinking alike this week! LOVE the dotted embossing...and why didn't I think to run my ornament through the same EF?...Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What great embossing and I love those big holly leaves you used! Thanks for playing along at WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips