Saturday 24 September 2011

LIM Sketch

Before we start on this week's challenge I think we all need to give a little round of applause to the Diva and Lady of LIM for their monumental commenting efforts.   There are soooooo many challenge sites out there where the DT NEVER comment on ANY cards so I know I for one really appreciate the time and effort Chrissie and Mandi put in to visiting us every week and to visit close to 800 blogs last week was amazing - so three cheers to you two :-D

This week's LIM challenge is a sketch - which was great as I really wanted to get some ink onto my divine new Waltzingmouse stamps which arrived on Thursday - and as soon as I saw the sketch this morning I knew exactly what I wanted to play with.  It's just taken a while to colour all the layers and cut it, with that and the washing machine repair man then for me this week my entry is a little tardy.


The stamp and sentiments are all from the delightful new Christmas Cottage set.  I stamped the cottage 3 times and coloured it like a gingerbread house using just 3 shades of copics (browns) and then my favourite super pale BG0000 which is perfect for snow.  I stuck to the BG colours for the paintwork too.  The central part of the cottage is decoupaged from the second image, and then from the third I cut the lamps and trees.  I coloured a yellow circle around the lamps on the second layer to show them glowing.  I finished it all with stickles for the snow, baubles and lamps and matted it on a blue background.  The "Merry Christmas" stamp is actually the same as the From our House to Yours - ie it has a dotted line and second sentiment line to it but I carefully inked it and took it off the bits I caught with a cotton bud (too hard to mask as the "y" goes below the dotted line).  The finished card is a 15cm square.

I really love how these have turned out and think they will be our "family" cards for this year.

Hopefully will get some time to comment this week.

Tara x

27 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Tara, what a super little cottage
    thank you for the round of aplause, I curtseyed as I read it!

    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Christmas house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely coloured - I like the 3d effect and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree!!! Cheers!

    I love the coloring on your scene-so quaint...it looks real! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully coloured card Tar...lovely 3D effect too....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am loving this stamp and that sentiment is just fab! Have to agree with you as well Tara about DT's on other challanges, one of the reasons I keep coming back here and the effort made by the LIMettes to comment is just brilliant. One of the best challenges I have found for feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful!!! so want those wms stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Your detail work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Tara, beautiful, beautiful card, i love this stamp, super card, well done.
    A hug frm Palma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate the kind words Tara... it feels good not to be taken for granted! Thank you!
    This card is just superb! The work you put into this house was incredible and it is reflected in the beautiful finished result!
    Fan dabby dozey!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous christmas card, love the house. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree with what you said about Mandi and Chrissie, they`re awesome.
    Your card is fantastic Tara. Love the layers and you`ve coloured it beautifully.
    I`ve come to the conclusion that it`s you who is psychic. Nothing to do with the M62. Me yesterday and Deborah today, now all I want is wednesdays lottery numbers please lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tara - great minds!!! I so nearly used the winter cottage. Aren't they just gorgeous? I love the colours on your cottage - of course it's teal!! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this to bits Tara! It's a gorgeous image and you've coloured and layered it beautifully. Vx
    PS Totally agree about C&M - and you and your DT are pretty good at commenting on the St Lukes Challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tara, that is one awesome stamp!! Love your coloring...super card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love miniature houses, the work you have put into this is amazing, it looks so pretty. Well done on masking the sentiment too.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely colouring, there are quite a few of these gorgeous houses around all of a sudden, fab card
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fab. Love the snowy roof and the little trees. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your card is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what a lot of snipping and colouring but well worth the effort...it's simply adorable. Hats off too you if you make lots for Christmas :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card:)!! Your cottage is lovely...what a wonderful stamp...love the creative way you layered the elements and made it so beautifully 3D...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful and lovely sentiment! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh it´s so beautiful! :)
    Hugs Lena

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgoues cottage! I'm still waiting for my set of stamps.
    I agree with you, Mandy and Chrissie deserve an aplause for their efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips