Thursday 28 July 2011

Another birthday and another DT entry

Here is the last birthday card of the ones I needed for this month - this is for my friend whose birthday is today so I can finally share it.


I bought this stamp a couple of months, ago with my friend in mind - if anyone LOVES cake then she does - she can always manage dessert even when we're full - she says she has a second stomach just for cake!  As this is another Crissy Armstrong image, in rubber from the Whimsey this time which are available in the UK from Quixotic Paperie, I am also making it my 6th entry in her DT call for this month.  Only a couple of days left now so I'd better get my finger out with the other 3 projects I'm planning for it.


I stamped onto blending card and coloured with copics - she's such a joy to colour - an easy image if you're new to copics as there aren't too many large empty spaces which often scare me.  I just love how she's making herself comfy on the cake.  It does come with a sentiment which says 'there's nothing like comfort food' but I decided to use another from a set all about cake from CC Designs, also from Quixotic Paperie which I thought was more appropriate for my friend.  I used a co-ordinating verse from the same set "inside".  This is is a new shape of card for me and it is deceptively easy to make - 2 cuts and 5 scored lines and it just sort of folds itself but I think it makes an effective base for this image.  I got the giraffe background paper in a kids set which I've had ages - finally found a use for it!



See you tomorrow.

Craftilicious x

3 comments:

  1. Another brilliant card Tara. That giraffe is so cute and the giraffe DP is fab.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring on this is fantastic! I love the card design too. Sweet giraffe paper, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - this is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips