Friday 3 June 2011

CAS-ual Friday Sketch

This week's casual Friday is a sketch, normally I have no problem with the interpretation of a sketch, but today I was just clueless where to start - perhaps its the heat, or the G&T I've had to cool me down ;-)

I tried to cut a doily from my multi-shape waterlily punch - cut it in half, and it wasn't the right shape - more octagonal.  Searched through my stamps, nothing inspired me.  So I've been sitting for 2 hours, staring at a blank card, and moving around bits of paper to no avail.

In desperation, I went to my 12x12 papers to see if anything caught my eye, and then I found these 8x8 (yes I need a better storage system lol!) Paris papers and Eiffel Tower Die Cuts from Craftwork Cards that I'd forgotten I'd bought and "bing" off went the lightbulb of inspiration!!!


I cut a semi circle from the underground map sheet, cut a border using an EK Sucess acanthus punch from a black script sheet, and a matching strip under the semi circle.  I layered two of the die cut towers up on top of each other and added a simple sentiment strip.

Now I need a lie down and another G&T!

Craftilicious x

10 comments:

  1. I love you interpretation. Your card is fab and I can completely relate to the 2 hours staring at a card blank! LOL!
    Linda
    (No 11 CFC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely FABULOUS! Don't you just LOVE it when the inspiration hit you? Love your take of the sketch! Your use of pattern paper and composition are superb! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Makes me want to go to Paris again.

    btw, G&T is my favourite summer drink!

    Beautiful card. Well done.

    cheers,
    Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!
    Great take on my sketch.
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and the bold tower :) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well for having no clue, you sure cooked up something fabulous! I really like that top border...so, SO pretty. What inspiration! So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tara, Lovely card and a great take on the challenge too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch! I love that you persevered through your block and finally came up with something that inspired you!! Nice job! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Your time spent staring at a blank canvas paid off! You pulled off a great idea with the Paris papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips