Saturday 30 April 2011

LIM Week 13 - Thankyou and Congratulations

Lady LIM and Diva LIM have come up with another non-scary challenge this week - just what I needed to get me back in the crafting vibe after my rubbish week off.  We never managed to get to visit our friends as my gastroenteritus went on for 5 days :-(   The lovely people at Travelodge did give us a credit-voucher for most of the cost of our hotel though so we can try again in a couple of months.

Anyhow, todays challenge over at Less is More is to make a Thank you or Conratulations card.  I've started with a congratulations, but I think I will be back with a thank you later too.


A really simple card today.  The congrats is a sticker from a baby scrapbooking kit I've been working on for my niece who is visiting later with her new baby, and I've paired it with a lovely soft pink shimmer card stock.  Rather than it being for a new baby though, I thought I'd make a congrats on your engagement/wedding card so I've just added 3 embossed pink heart sequins.  It is much nicer IRL -  I couldn't get the light right for the photo to show the soft and delicate hues.

See you later - happy crafting.

                                                 Craftilicious x


34 comments:

  1. So pretty, love your clean and simple card... must look really nice on the pink cardstock.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so pretty. I struggled too with my photo early this morning - the sun was just in the wrong place where ever I stood!

    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a pretty but simple card.effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very simple but very pretty card! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely pretty, delicate looking card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Tara and I agree that to photograph mainly white cards is really tricky, I haven;t really got it sussed as yet!
    Have a great weekend!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Tara, I have problems with taking photographs too, usually end up taking about 8 before I get a good one, and I have now learnt that natural light is best.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tara, sorry you not been well, hope yuo are over i't now
    Photography is the hardest bit..harder than using acetate ha ha
    FAB card, love the simplicity
    Thanks as always
    mandi
    Diva LIM
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card. TFS.

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you have been so poorly xx Another beaut of a card and yes I agree white is so hard to photograph
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clean, simple and fab! Sorry to hear you've been poorly and hope you're feeling better

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super clean and simple card. Very pretty.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card so neat & clean
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you haven't been too well. Your card is lovely , Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty in pink, lovely card, works well as a congratulations card, love it:0) xxx
    p.s I hope you're feeling much better? x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, I hope you are feeling much better..Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pink on pink is so pretty and the sequins are a lovely finishing touch. So sorry to hear you've been poorly but I'm sure baby cuddling therapy will help you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that congrats sticker, lovely card.
    jenjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card.Love the font that 'congrats' is written in. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousMay 01, 2011

    What a beautiful and sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card with perfect embossing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's lovely, can't say more. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those pretty letters...and pink is perfect! Awesome card for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card :-) simple and lovely ,,,, the text is FAB ! :-)

    v

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card Tara....very stylish

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmmm, I LOVE this! Elegantly simple.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely, elegant card. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super card, love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card, very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely pretty and a fab card...

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips