Friday 4 February 2011

Under the Sea...

I wanted to colour my mermaid stamp from Kraftin Kimmie so thought I'd use her to enter their weekly challenge.  This week it was "reduce, reuse and recycle" and it caused me a few headaches as I couldn't think of anything to reuse or recycle, UNTIL I cleared the craft room out this week that is.  I had the topper I made for my cupcake tower for our wedding anniversary/reception which is a couple of years old now and the feathers had gone a bit tatty, so I pulled it to pieces, and re-used and recycled one of the ribbon diamante flowers from it and used that under the bow - the very first successful bow I've tied on a card, thanks to my new magic bow-easy tool :-)  Here's a picture of the tower with the topper intact so you can see where my recycled item came from.



On Nerissa, I've done the colouring with copics, but then I wanted her scales to shimmer, so I dug deep in the back of my drawer and dug out my LuminArte paints.  I liked the effect on the tail so much I overpainted her hair with a yellow shimmer too - the photo doesn't do it justice but the effect in real life is very cool I think!  The craftwork cards sentiment got the same painting treatment and a few pearls finished it off.

If you like the image, and get on over to the Kraftin Kimmie website today, she's having a special birthday sale with 40% off...........  but hurry the sale ends today!!!!

Check out their weekly challenge every Saturday here

Thanks for visiting....
    Craftilicious x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting today - your comments are appreciated :-)

Blogging tips